Total time – about 30 min
Yield – 4-5 servings
Serving suggestion – as a side dish
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and diced,
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anniato oil (achiote)
- 3 or 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful of string beans, diced
- 1 or 2 carrots, diced 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 lb uncooked rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
Saute the onion, pepper and garlic on the olive oil.
Add the water and cooking oil. Bring to a boil.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered until the water evaporates. blend with a ladle, folding the rice from the bottom to the top and vice versa.
Cover and cook over low heat until the rice is tender.
For great party trays and dinner packages ideas visit us at www.piscolabiscatering.com
Scan me with your smartphone